1. Acquarella Nail Polish. I wrote a review 3 years ago here. Acquarella is the only brand I’ve used since. I’ve tried Plasma, Livid and most recently Sleek, and I love them all. A little pricey, but it lasts awhile–my first bottle lasted two years!
2. Babyganics Hand & Face Wipes. I keep a pack of these in my purse for wiping down after the park. They’re cooling and they clean with one wipe, without being scented or leaving a greasy residue.
3. Babyganics Insect Repellent. This is the only bug spray we’ve used for two years. I find I have to reapply more frequently than other chemical-laden sprays, but I guess that’s to be expected. It leaves an oily residue, but the smell isn’t bad at all. I think the spray comes out heavy and fast, though, so watch out!
4. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. I use this after showers, but I also keep a small tube in my purse. If I were ever exiled to a deserted island and could take one item, it would come down to lotion or toilet paper, and lotion just might win. I apply multiple times during the day, so I like that this is a healthier choice, doesn’t have a fragrance, and doesn’t leave a residue. Matty loves putting lotion on, too, and I don’t worry much when he pulls this out of my purse.
5. Babyganics Sunscreen. Do you get that we love Babyganics? I bought this sunscreen for Matthew for our vacation last year in the Caribbean. Eric and I ended up using it too, and no one got burnt. We’ve continued to use it almost daily this summer, and I still love it. It does go on really white, but Matty doesn’t mind. Heck, neither do I…I’m too busy chasing a toddler around the park to care if I have white streaks on my face. 🙂
6. California Baby Calendula Cream. I bought a big tub of this when Matthew was born in lieu of traditional diaper cream. We just ran out. I use it for everything from bites, scrapes, rashes, and even moisturizer in a pinch. Matty loves to get kisses from Mommy and then his “creeeeeam” when he gets an ouchy.
7. Honest Company Conditioning Mist. I love Moroccan Oil for my hair, but when I ran out recently, I decided to try Honest Company. I don’t love this as much, but I still love it. It keeps my hair soft and less frizzy, which is great because I rarely have time to blow-dry.
Lord knows I carry enough in my purse, so it’s nice when I can find a product that does double (Mommy and Matty) or even triple (Daddy, Mommy, and Matty) duty. The best part?! All of these products are rated as a 1 or 2 (low risk) on Skin Deep, the EWG’s website ranking beauty and household products. Check it out!
**I had a hard time finding a picture of the exact color of “Sleek”, so hopefully this helps!
1. What healthy beauty products are you loving?
2. Did you make the “jump” to healthy products all at once, or as you run out?
3. Does anyone else feel like maybe if they trash all their sunscreen, magical voodoo will get rid of all this rain and bring the sun back? Seriously, what is up with this weather?!