I HAVE BIG, BIG NEWS! (No, it’s not a baby brother.)
I CAN WALK.
I HAVE MORE BIG, BIG NEWS! (No, it’s not a baby sister.)
I KNOW HOW TO SAY WORDS.
I HAVE EVEN MORE BIG, BIG NEWS! (Ummm, yeah, this one is baby related.)
I’M GETTING NEW TWIN BABY COUSINS. It’s going to be so much fun.
So, Grandma came to visit me this week and she didn’t know that I had lots of teeth. So what else don’t you guys know about me? Let’s do a developmental run-down, shall we?
- 30″ tall
- 25 lbs.
- 8 Teeth–4 top and 4 bottom
- Very fine blond hair that’s getting very mullet-ish on just the left side. Please help.
Gross Motor Skills
- Walking across the room
- Climbing onto my toddler bed
- Climbing backwards off the bed and couch
- Climbing into the windowsill
- Throwing a ball
Fine Motor Skills
- Pinching Mommy’s chest
- Pinching Mommy’s nose
- Pinching Mommy’s ears
- Picking up ANYTHING small, like lint and dirt off the floor (Mommy really needs to clean this place up!)
- Opening cabinet doors
- Opening drawers
- Reaching into containers to take things out or put things in, like laundry from the dryer or Mommy’s cell phone into my ball popper (Listen up, this was not as fun as I anticipated.)
- Clicking an ink pen open and closed
- Unscrewing lids, like child-proof teething tablet bottles
- Books: Llama, Llama Red Pajama; Brown Bear Brown Bear; 5 Little Monkeys; Does Kangaroo Have a Mommy, Too?; Whose Baby Am I?; 10 Tiny Tickles. We’ll read these over, and over, and over, and over again for like 45 minutes.
- Push-car (BEST $7 GARAGE SALE FIND EVER!)
- MegaBloks (with cars and little people)
- Pop-Up Animal Thingy
- Puppy Scout
- Mama, Mom
- No, no, no! (This is my favorite. But I’ve since learned this is, in fact, NOT Kitty’s name.)
- Cold. (I like ice.)
- Good. (I ALWAYS do a good job, so I hear this a lot.)
- Meow. (Duh, how else am I supposed to communicate my shenanigans with Kitty?)
- Neigh. (I rode a horsey!)
- Come on (Daddy is reeeaally slow.)
- All Done
- Yay (Clapping)
- No (Shaking Head)
- Go Crazy (flailing around)
- I also raise my palms up and shrug my shoulders whenever anyone asks a question or when I have a question. Mommy isn’t sure where or why I learned this…
Eat 3x/day + snacks, though a “meal” is anything from 2 crackers to a Chipotle taco
- Chicken, black bean, and rice tacos from Chipotle
- Spaghetti w/Skyline chili (just like Daddy!)
- Strawberries (whole or cut-up)
- Apples (ONLY a whole apple)
- Peaches (sliced)
- Peanut butter crackers
- Plum Organic Cremes
- Chex Cereal
- Any meat, cooked or deli style
- Carrots (uncooked)
- Mommy’s homemade oatmeal-banana muffins
- Veggies straws and pita chips
- Graham Crackers
- Raw Spinach (WHHHY can I eat leaves at the table, but NOT when I find them on the ground outside? I don’t understand.)
- Oh, this is getting tiring. I like food.
- Mommy Milk. 6-8x/day still…what? I’m a growing boy.
- OH, and dirt.
Oh, and of course, I no longer like to sit in my chair to eat. I like to stand in my Learning Tower. I also have to be as naked as possible. Mommy lets me. She’s fun like that…most of the time.
Ha! Like this should get its own category.
- Down to 2 naps/day and have been for about a month. Usually about 40-50 minutes each. Ok, just sometimes. I took another 12 minute nap the other day. Just keeping Mommy on top of her game.
- I really like to sleep in the car. Mommy is okay with this. We gets lots of errands done, and Mommy gets lots of books read while she’s waiting for me to wake up. Win-win, I say.
- Usually start getting sleepy around 8, but fight it off until around 9:30. THEN, if I’m really lucky, I wake up at 12:30, 3:00, 5:00, 7:00 and up for the day around 8 or 9, depending on if I accidentally fall back asleep after my 7:00 milk. If I’m really, really worn out, I wake up at 12:30, 4:00, and 8:00. Thankfully, Mommy and Daddy haven’t figured out to get me really, really worn out every day.
- Mommy tried a complete night-wean, but yeah…She’s still awake, I’m screaming, and Daddy is saying naughty words. Good choice, Mom.
Other Baby Things
- Bathtimes are cool.
- Walks in the stroller are still fun.
- I do a good job riding in the car (NOTE TO KARMA FROM MOMMY: Please don’t take this as a tempt of fate. I’d like this to continue. K-thanks.)
- People! I love the people.
- I have 2 babysitters while Mommy goes to “work” sometimes. Mr. James is so fun and we play blocks. Miss Hayley is so pretty and lovely and sparkly and smells like rainbows and unicorn kisses. While I like my babysitters, I have managed to never let Mommy be away from me for more than 3 hours. Ever. I think I heard some
craptshenanigans about Mommy and Daddy leaving me for the WHOLE day at Grandma’s soon, so I’ll have to talk to them about that.
- I give kisses. Good ones.
- Library. Park. Toy Store. Perfect daily outing.
And, as a final note:
SAVE THE DATE!
Saturday, September 15
I’m having a birthday party! But I have to go now and ask Mommy and Daddy if you’re all allowed to come over.