Tales From the Crib: Week 12

11 Dec

Another busy week!  We had the home inspection on our new house this week.  Everything came back good except the electrical, which we suspected.  I hung out with Mommy and Daddy during the whole 3 hours of the inspection, and I didn’t cry one time!

We found all kinds of cool stuff, like “Your Guide to Cooking With Electricity.”  We definitely have some updating to do…

Uncle Brad and Aunt Mandy came to help Mommy and me take some measurements.  Thanks for crawling around on the floor, Uncle Brad!

On Wednesday, Grandpa Dan stayed in Lima for work.  We went to dinner together.  It was so fun to see Grandpa in Lima instead of having to drive two hours!

On Friday, I had to get up extra early cause Daddy scheduled the electrician before he went to work.  The electrician gave us a quote to update the electrical, so now we’re just waiting to hear back from the seller.  Then Mommy took me to her work to pick up some boxes so we can start packing some things up.  Then we went to Walmart.  Then Mommy talked to her boss on the phone about going back to work.  I woke up crying and cried for 10 minutes after that.  I don’t like the idea of Mommy leaving me while she goes to work for a few hours.

We were so tired so Friday night we cuddled on the couch and watched Gnomeo and Juliet.  Except for the 15 minutes when I was eating and then a 5 minute cat-nap, I sat up and watched the whole movie.  I was having so much fun with Movie Night so I cried when the movie was over.

On Saturday we went to Menards to window shop.  I really like the Lighting section.

Besides all of our fun adventures, I’m happy to report that I’m finally starting to understand this whole “schedule” thing.  Mommy can clearly see a morning, afternoon, and evening nap—even though the times and duration are still all over the place.  I’ve also been ready for bed every night this week by around 8:00, but I still sometimes wake up around 11:00 and want to play for an hour or two. Then I’m ready to get up between 6- 8am, and this is reeeaaallly throwing Mommy off.  I’m not sleeping as well as I have been cause I’m waking up every one-two hours or so again, but I’m still working on it.  I’m afraid if I don’t stop wiggling all night that Mommy is going to banish me to my crib…

My reflux is doing a little better, too.  Mommy ate a whole box of chocolate cookies one day (don’t judge—she was sleepy!) and it made me sicky, then Daddy was nice and got dinner from Wendy’s on Thursday night for her, but I think something in that made me sicky, too.  It seems to be helping that I want to spend more time sitting up.  I’m getting really good at lunging myself forward to try to sit up by myself!  Daddy put me in my Bumbo seat, but Mommy is worried about hip displacement and the pressure on my tummy, so I’m only allowed to sit in it for a few minutes.  She takes the fun out of everything…

(I want to sit next to you Daddy.)

Welp, we’re off to get more boxes. Until later, homedogs.

Look! More cute pictures of me:

(Hanging out with Daddy and Teddy.  Teddy’s ear tastes so good…nom nom nom.

(I can reach and grab toys!)

(Oh, boy. Toes! These look fun!)

(Ohhh Nooo.  I can’t bend over yet…)

(Ho, Ho, Ho? Santa who?)

(Check out my man-boobs! Oh, and how well I can hold my head up!)

I'd love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: