Matty’s room has been the biggest transition.
1. He’s growing so fast that the needs for his room keep changing before I can get it done.
2. We actually moved his room a month or so ago. Right after I got it “done.”
We were originally going to put him in the back bedroom, but that room always seemed so cold. Then we thought he’d like to have carpet to crawl around on. Since he never really crawled and he’s into riding toys and pushing toy cars around, we decided the non-carpeted floor would be fine now. Plus we weatherproofed and it’s nice and toasty.
(it’s a bad pic, I know–it’s from the listing…)
Magnetic & Dry Erase board playspace
Teepee (Homemade Christmas gift from Aunt Amy)
Closet & Storage still need some work…
- New Flooring
- Painted Walls TWICE (Matty’s Room color: Baltic Gray by Benjamin Moore, also known as Flying Saucer Gray by Benjamin Moore for Target)
- Painted trim
- Removed closet doors
- Replaced outlets, light switches, and covers
- Painted ceiling
- Caulked windows
- Painted door
- New door hinges and knob
- New light fixture
- Custom closet shelving
- Finish decorating (including wall art. I think Matty is starting to get confused about who the people in the frames are…)
I actually created a plan for Matty’s room. Then every single thing sold out. Not even kidding.
- The bedding I wanted was Goodnight Moose from Land of Nod. I’ve since devised a plan to design my own on Spoonflower.
- I was going to go with a bigger rug size, but when it sold out, I realized making a little “play nook” with open flooring for cars and riding toys worked better anyway.
- The book holder was from Dwell Studios, and yes, sold out.
- Metal wall letter from Land of Nod is back in Stock, but I found this idea to make my own.
- We already had the map and lambskin rug.
- Now we just have to figure out the bed style we want.
To see more wall art ideas, check out this Pinterest Board.
Very happy with how this room turned out. Especially since Matty and the cats spend a lot of time in here.